Our mission is to assist agencies in local communities provide digital inclusion services including equipment, training & broadband connectivity.
Our goals are for Partners Bridging the Digital Divide to:
- Connect partners to each other and to the broader digital inclusion community to increase the knowledge of all.
- Document and share best practices and experiences of partner agencies to have agencies gain from the experience of others.
- Collect links and host training material that otherwise wouldn’t be public so agencies can avoid duplicating work.
- Describe partners’ organizations so others can learn from their experiences and know what questions to ask them.
The digital divide is what separates individuals and communities from the technology and training needed for full participation in our society, democracy and economy.
It is almost impossible to do anything these days without having some computer literacy: applying for a job, taking the GED test, communicating with family. We help by providing resources and information about successful endeavors to bridge the digital divide.
We provide the following services:
- Maintain and grow this web-site as a forum for sharing of information
- Maintain a directory of organizations with similar missions
- Document, maintain, and publicize best practices
- Raise and provide funding for working together
- Provide mentoring and support for agencies that are just getting started
- Heighten awareness of the digital divide and promote the efforts being made to address it
Our accomplishments include:
- Launching in March, 2015, as an Illinois corporation recognized as a US 501(c)3
- Partnering with thirty-six agencies working to bridge the digital divide. For a full listing, take a look at our partner agencies page.
- Writing experience papers by gathering information from our partner agencies, looking for common themes, and analyzing the results. We continue to write one or two a year.
- Documented and shared information about programs, processes, and resources to publicize existing programs, to facilitate collaboration and improve the capabilities of each of the member agencies. See our web pages under Training and Initiatives.
- Participation in industry conferences including sharing information gained through attendance. See write-ups from prior conferences in our newsletters.
- Provide scholarships for partners to attend conferences.
- Launch local initiatives via our MAPPINGS program.
- Adding to our partner profiles every year, with an in-person visit if possible.
We welcome parter input as we work toward a more digitally inclusive future.
A proud subscriber member of: