Date: Monday, August 7, 2017
Time: 2:00 p.m. CDT (MST N/A)
Location: On line
Meeting Type: Regular Meeting
How Called: Standing meeting
Attendees: Barry, Maryanna, Katherine
June minutes reviewed and approved.
2 New Business
3 Information Sharing
- Maryanna met up with Nicole NDIA digital inclusion fellow for Arizona, primarily focused on tribal areas. There’s a conference in September for librarians. Maryanna volunteered to help with the conference.
- We are now members of the Repair Association, working on legislation to guarantee the right to repair.
- Curriculum Repository Update had a kickoff meeting while we were gone and hasn’t gotten any information about what happened at the meeting.
- Website Updates, nothing major.
- discussion about classes from PRC. That page is our most visited, average once a day. Also someone has translated to some stuff into Spanish.
4 Action Item Status Updates
Walking through Action Item List and noting updates. In the minutes, this will record items closed.
- Closed 8/3/17 – Opened 9/9/16: Place a couple of volunteer opportunities on http://www.givingdupage.org/ heading fundraising, other volunteer opportunities. Maryanna revised our volunteer page. http://pbdd.org/volunteering_time/ Will look at the givingdupage page. Not quite ready for this right now and may never be ready to be on a website for general volunteers.
- Closed – Opened 6/19/17 – update tagline.An Information Sharing Agency for Digital Inclusion, Katherine
- Closed – Opened 2/27/17 partner profile on Learning to be the Light in Alabama when time permits since we were going to meet with them in fall of 2016 until our schedule didn’t permit it. They’re not actually a nonprofit and don’t seem to want to get there.
5 Time and Location for Next Meeting
Next meeting – September 11 @ 2:00pm CDT.
Adjourned: 3:04 p.m.