Time: 1:30pm MST, 3:30pm CDT
Location: via Zoom
Meeting Type: Regular Meeting
How Called: Standing meeting
Attendees: Barry, Maryanna, Katherine
Approval of February minutes
2 New Business
- Election of Officers. Passed with Barry, Maryanna and Katherine continuing in the same roles.
- Acknowledgement of Conflict of Interest Policy. Done.
- Financial Statements for FY 2019. Official ones that get filed were shared and reviewed.
3 Information Sharing
- AFTRR best practices working group –
- Digital Inclusion seder – shared with RSVPs & NDIA (planned to do before Passover) – https://pbdd.org/digital-inclusion-seder/
- Effects of Coronavirus on equipment dispersal. 3 day waiting before touching donated equipment. Every two hours everyone washes their hands.
- Net Inclusion discussion – we’ll see. If we don’t attend, PBDD will donate our registration fees to NDIA.
- Experience paper: Five responses & follow up conversation with Free Geek
- Partner Updates: Comp-U-Dopt is no longer a partner, P2PU Mappings Grant. Asked Peer-to-peer for a write-up.
- Web page updates: Smart Assistants class in RAILS, Low Cost Access Page, What’s New, Conferences, Training (spanish language resources) https://pbdd.org/low-cost-access-options/
- Outreach to local educational institutions, PRC re: COVID-19
- Arizona Blockchain Initiative – mesh network proposal/email. build emergency internet for our students – for under $4,000 https://www.azblockchain.org/home
4 Action Item Status Updates
Walking through Action Item List and noting updates. In the minutes, this will record items closed during meeting.
- Closed 3/2/20 – Opened 4/2/19. Katherine will provide alternative text for photos (except for collections of bridges) throughout website to increase accessibility for people with limited vision. Did this for all photos that ‘matter’ and even the ones of just bridges on main web pages. Will do this going forward.
5 Time and Location for Next Meeting
Next meeting — April 24 1:30pm MST, 3:30pm CDT via Zoom