We have published our white papers and plan to do more.
Possible topics for the next white paper include:
- Best practices in finding, reusing, and developing training material
- How organizations use volunteers effectively, or not.
- How to get a program started in an underserved area.
- What other agencies are doing (and recommend) with regard to measurements, particularly measuring impact of programs. This is something many donors, volunteers, and grant-givers would like to see, to ensure that their funds are being used effectively. (stakeholders including potential grant givers).
- Experiences using Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) loans to sponsor digital inclusion programs. The Federal Reserve Bank will be coming out with a paper in June expanding the use of CRA funds to make it clear that digital inclusion is a part of the community capacity building, though CRA funds have been used to support some digital inclusion efforts already.
- Describe modes of instruction- six week courses versus single session versus one-on-one tutoring versus on-line training with support (e.g. learning circles)- perhaps recommendations on when each of these is most effective.
- Literacy and Digital Literacy- experiences teaching computer skills where reading in English is not a strong skill.
- Sample survey on who is doing computer training,
- How other organizations (like libraries) fit into a global picture on digital information,
- Best practices in grant writing.
- Refurbishing non-Windows equipment–how to get started. Like what businesses are doing when using tablets (even housekeeping at hotels are using them these days.)
- Experiences with learning circles