PBDD Digital Inclusion Short Story Contest
Submissions for the Digital Inclusion short story writing contest will be accepted through midnight, July 1, 2017.
Note: Failure to adhere to any rule renders your entry subject to rejection. Please read the rules carefully; they help us process entries more efficiently and fairly.
- Contest is open to all individuals 18 and above with the following exceptions: Members of the PBDD board of directors and family members may not submit entries to the PBDD Digital Inclusion short-story competition.
- All short stories must be the original work of the author(s) listed. By submitting the story, the authors agree that PBDD may publish the winning short stories (without further payment and with the authors noted) on the PBDD website and in a free ebook available for up to two years after the contest deadline. After two years, all rights revert to the authors.
- The contest prize includes publication as noted above and the following monetary awards: First Prize – $100. Second – $50, Honorable Mention (up to 5) – $10.
- Short stories must be at least five-hundred words in length and cannot exceed six-thousand words. They must be connected to digital inclusion in some way. All genres will be considered. Please examine the PBDD website, especially the http://pbdd.org/creative-writing/ and http://pbdd.org/ pages for information about digital inclusion. May also find inspiration from the partner profiles: http://pbdd.org/partner-profiles/ or this article on digital literacy by TechBoomers.
- All submissions must be received before midnight Central Daylight Time on July 1, 2017.
- Contestants may enter only once.
- Entries must be submitted by email to the VP of Communications at PBDD, no paper copies. Entries must include both a pdf version and an odt (Libre Office, or Open Office) OR docx, doc (Microsoft word) version. Include the author’s name and contact information in the email.
- You should receive an email confirmation that we’ve received your entry within three days. Please send a follow-up inquiry if you don’t.
- DO NOT submit previously published works.
- The contest is sponsored and judged by PBDD. The decisions of the judges are final. The judges may choose no winner if they find no manuscript that, in their estimation, merits award.
- Winning entries will be announced July 15, 2017 on the PBDD website, and winners will also be contacted directly.
- Email PBDD VP-Communications with any questions.