Time: 2:00 p.m. CST (1:00 p.m. MST)
Location: via Google Hangout
Meeting Type: Regular Meeting
How Called: Standing meeting
Attendees: Barry, Maryanna, Katherine
Approval of January minutes
2 New Business
- Election of officers for coming year. Motion to approve the same slate as last year. Approved.
- Annual statement by officers acknowledging Conflict of Interest policy.
- Brochure/bookmark, one for conference on 3/4/17, base for the general one.
3 Information Sharing
- Partner Status – visits to TechnoCycle and CompUDopt. Reaching out to Arizona STRUT.
- Website Updates (Public Policy Initiatives, Partner Profile, Home page – to encourage other companies to do what TechnoCycle is doing with Berry Elementary.)
- Net Inclusion 2017, all going.
4 Action Item Status Updates
Walking through Action Item List and noting updates. In the minutes, this will record items closed during meeting.
- Closed 2/27/17. Opened 12/12/16: Determine who is going to the Net Inclusion conference in May, if we want to have a pre-conference retreat. We all are.
- Closed 2/27/17. Opened 1/15/17: Prepare submission guidelines for a contest with prizes ($100 first, $50 second, $10 for 3 honor mentions) for short stories about digital inclusion to have more material for: http://pbdd.org/creative-writing/ and to raise awareness. Katherine will come up with guidelines. Can target Partners, Writing group, NDIA conference, web page. Maryanna and Katherine will be the judging panel. (With Barry the tie-breaker if needed.)
- Closed 2/27/17. Opened 12/12/16: Partner profile – next one on TechnoCycle.
5 Time and Location for Next Meeting
Next meeting – March 27 @ 2:00pm CDT/12:00pm MST