Time: 2:00 p.m. CST (1:00 p.m. MST)
Location: via Google Hangout
Meeting Type: Regular Meeting
How Called: Standing meeting
Attendees: Barry, Maryanna, Katherine
1 Technology Check
Ensure connectivity and quality. Google hangout works fine. There will be no formal note of the weather until summer. (Maryanna is in Arizona. Katherine & Barry are in Illinois.)
Approval of November minutes
3 Information Sharing
- Fundraiser summary- surveys, payment received
- NDIA membership for 2017. PBDD will renew for 2017. Maryanna may go to the Net Inclusion conference in Minneapolis in May. Barry and Katherine are considering going, depending on family plans.
- Maryanna has found some potential refurbishers in Arizona and will follow-up with them.
- Spreadsheet of information about donations led to discussion about having a white paper on fundraising. Probably start with a survey to our partners.
4 Action Item Status Updates
Walking through Action Item List and noting updates. In the minutes, this will record items closed during meeting.
- Closed 12/12/16. Opened 6/9/16: Katherine & Barry: Update Resources Pages by going through all the links on our NDIA conference report for what to include. 7/6/16 Barry proposed restructuring the web site. Did that, working on adding items from Barry’s wonderful google spreadsheet laying out potential items. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zDuYEJVSlLm-B1FCQ6amRw900us1etJCuH6oPwh42GE/edit#gid=0 Have done as much as we’re going to.
- Closed 12/12/16 Opened 7/6/16: White paper on Refurbishing process. Barry sent electronic copy to Maryanna and John for review. Katherine converted it to White Paper format. Barry sent it to refurbishing partners for comments, including if they want to describe their process. Comments were due 9/8/16, we didn’t get any. Katherine revised it, Barry added a picture. Katherine did a final pass and placed it on the website. Also made a HTML version of this and other ones.
- Closed 12/12/16 – Opened 9/9/16: Think about having a web version of white papers, so that searching our website finds things from the papers. Katherine did this for all of our white papers.
- Closed 12/12/16 – Opened 11/4/16: Set up a partner visit (or visits) somewhere Barry & Katherine are going or can go. Setting up visits with people in Houston.
5 Time and Location for Next Meeting
Next meeting – January 9 @ 2:00pm CST/1:00pm MST ?